Cisco NIM-ES2-8-P, 8-port POE/POE+ Layer 2 GE Switch Network Interface Module.
The 8-port Cisco® Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch Network Interface Module (NIMs) NIM-ES2-8-P can reduce your company’s total cost of ownership (TCO) by integrating Gigabit Ethernet switch ports within Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISRs). These low-density Gigabit Ethernet switches offer small to medium-sized businesses and enterprise branch offices a combination of switching and routing integrated into a single device.
Integration of these switches with Cisco IOS-XE Software allows network administrators to manage a single device using Cisco management tools or the router command-line interface (CLI) for LAN and WAN management needs. This approach reduces network complexity, lowers maintenance contract costs, and lessens staff training needs. It also simplifies software qualification efforts and delivers a consistent user experience at branch offices. Additionally, these low-density Gigabit Ethernet switching modules enable Cisco’s industry-leading power initiatives, including per-port Power over Ethernet (PoE) and Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) power monitoring, which enhances the ability of the branch office to scale to higher performance requirements and still meet environmental initiatives for IT teams to operate a power-efficient network.
The 4- and 8-port Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch NIMs provide line-rate Layer 2 switching across onboard Gigabit Ethernet ports. The 4-port NIM has four 10/100/1000 switched Gigabit Ethernet ports. The 8-port NIM has eight 10/100/1000 switched Gigabit Ethernet ports, with a PoE/PoE+ version capable of powering all eight ports. The NIMs furthermore enable direct module-to-module communication through the use of the multigigabit fabric (MGF).
The new features for the Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch NIMs include four quality-of-service (QoS) queues per port, Shaped Deficit Weighted Round Robin (SDWRR), dynamic secure port, intra chassis cascading, up to 30W of PoE/PoE+ per port, and PoE per-port monitoring and policing.
Linkom-PC is your source for Refurbished Cisco NIM-ES2-8-P. Most Cisco NIM-ES2-8-P are available within 3-4 days.
We make sure each item you receive is ready to use. Any configuration is reset to factory default settings in our REF process.
If you cannot find the product you are searching for, please request a quote.
- Save 90%+ off the list
- Professional Advice
- Fully Tested
- Fast Delivery
Cisco NIM-ES2-8-P Technical Specifications
|Product Description||8-port PoE/PoE+ Layer 2 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch NIM|
|Form Factor||Single-wide NIM form factor|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||0.8 x 6.2 x 4.8 in. (2.1 x 18.8 x 12.2 cm)|
|Weight||149g (0.33 lb)|
|IEEE protocols||● Gigabit Ethernet: IEEE 802.3 and 10BASE-T|
● Gigabit Ethernet: IEEE 802.3u, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-TX
● IEEE 802.1d Spanning Tree Protocol
● IEEE 802.1p CoS for Traffic Prioritization
● IEEE 802.1q VLAN
● IEEE 802.1X Security
● IEEE 802.3x Full Duplex
● IEEE 802.3af Power over Gigabit Ethernet Standard
|RFC||RFC 2284, PPP Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)|
|MIBs||● RFC 1213|
● IF MIB
● RFC 2037 ENTITY MIB
● BRIDGE MIB (RFC 1493)
● OSPF MIB (RFC 1253)
● ETHER-LIKE-MIB (RFC 1643)
|Manageability||● SNMP and Telnet interface support delivers comprehensive in-band management, and a CLI management console provides detailed out-of-band management.|
● An embedded RMON software agent supports four RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms, and events) for enhanced traffic management, monitoring, and analysis.
● A SPAN port can mirror traffic from one or many ports to another port for monitoring all eight RMON groups with an RMON probe or network analyzer.
● Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) reduces the cost of administering software upgrades by downloading from a centralized location.
● Two LEDs per port provide convenient visual indication of the port link and PoE status.
● Crash information support enables a switch to generate a crash file for improved troubleshooting.
● Show-interface capabilities provide information about the configuration capabilities of any interface.
|Connectors and cabling||● 10BASE-T ports: RJ-45 connectors, two-pair Category 3, 4, or 5 unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cabling|
● 100BASE-TX ports: RJ-45 connectors; two-pair Category 5 UTP cabling
● 1000BASE-TX ports: RJ-45 connectors; two-pair Category 5e and Category 6 UTP cabling
|LED indicators||● Link status LED: One LED per port for indicating link status|
● PoE LED: One LED per port system for PoE status indication
|Internal power supply||Optional PoE system power supply available for all Cisco 4000 Series routers|
|Internal redundant power supply||For the Cisco 4431 and 4451 routers only|
|DC power support||● DC system power input available on the Cisco 4351, 4431, and 4451 routers|
● PoE option not available with DC system power input
|Software support||Minimum Cisco IOS-XE Software Release 3.15 for Cisco 4000 Series routers: IP Base License of the Universal image|
|32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)|
|Operating humidity||10 to 90 percent, noncondensing|
|Nonoperating temperature||-4° to 149°F (-20° to 65°C)|
|Operating altitude||15,000 ft (4,570m)|
|Regulatory compliance, safety, and EMC||When installed in a Cisco 4000 Series router, the Cisco Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch NIM meets the standards (regulatory compliance, safety, and EMC) of the router itself. Refer to the data sheets for the Cisco 4000 Series routers for more details.|